Given the impacts to supply chains due to the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to provide an update on our efforts. While we cannot predict the spread or impact of the virus, we have remained and will continue to be vigilant with our suppliers to manage the situation as it evolves.
We are monitoring the situation closely and taking the necessary measures to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve. This includes increasing office cleaning, issuing business and personal travel guidance and proving employees with the resources they need, specifically hand sanitizer. At this time, we have also asked all our employees to take the precautions recommended by the CDC including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
We are asking our current supply chain partners to take similar actions and notify the SJI procurement department of any potential disruption in service or exposures.
Thank you for your cooperation and diligence.
At SJI, we focus on building lasting supplier partnerships that deliver value and results for the organization. The Procurement Team implements this objective by achieving the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO), which includes the lowest price, best technology, highest quality and service level, while managing risk and supporting our strategic objectives.
SJI’s continued success depends on our ability to achieve business objectives and our suppliers play an integral role in our achievement. Our Supplier Diversity Program is focused on expanding our relationships with women, minority and veteran-owned businesses that provide competitive prices and services. A diverse supplier base helps us to better serve our customers, support our communities and remain competitive.
SJI procures a variety of products and services including, but not limited to:
- Office Equipment, Supplies and Services
- Fleet Procurement, Parts and Maintenance
- Computer Equipment, Software and Services
- Measuring and Pressure Equipment
- Pipeline and Service Construction
- Safety Equipment
- Training (Employee Development, Safety, Procedures)
- Legal Services
- Telecommunications Equipment and Services
Thank you for your interest in becoming a supplier for SJI. To be considered for future opportunities with the company, please register on our supplier portal. Completion of this process does not guarantee future opportunities with the company.
Working With SJI
Our Supplier Code of Conduct applies to all suppliers, vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants who do business with SJI. We are committed to acting ethically and conducting our business with integrity -- we expect our suppliers to do the same.
Invoice Processing Requirements
Please include the information below on each invoice:
- Contact Name
- Purchase Order Number
Submit invoices in the following manner:
South Jersey Industries (SJI)
South Jersey Industries Utilities (SJIU)
South Jersey Gas (SJG)
Elizabethtown Gas (ETG) and Elkton Gas (ELK), effective June 17, 2019
Mail: South Jersey Industries
Accounts Payable Department
One South Jersey Plaza
Folsom, NJ 08037
Any other correspondence such as statements, vendor onboarding forms, request for electronic payments, general questions, etc. should be sent to AccountsPayable@sjindustries.com.