SJI’s Social Investment grant program is a strategic, competitive process. Each requesting organization must complete and submit an application to be considered for a grant. Each application submitted is evaluated against all competing applications for that cycle.
Before submitting your application for funding, please review the following eligibility guidelines:
- There is a limit of one grant per organization in a 12-month period. Support is not guaranteed from year to year, with limited renewal of between 3 to 5 years maximum.
- Your organization must qualify as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization as defined by the IRS Code, and use the support of volunteers in addition to at least one full-time paid staff person.
- Grants will not be provided to some programs already receiving direct support from United Way.
- To turn in completed applications, please e-mail: email@example.com.
WHAT SJI LOOKS FOR IN A GRANT APPLICATION:
- The applicant’s mission and purpose ties closely with at least one of SJI’s aforementioned areas of focus
- A concise description of how a grant will be spent, anticipated short- and long-term results, proposed implementation, and clear metrics to measure program success
- A true partnership, with opportunities to get involved as volunteers, panelists, etc., and mutually beneficial exposure within the community
SJI does not provide Social Investment grants to the following:
- Individuals or single families
- Political causes
- Public, private, and religiously affiliated schools
- Religious or faith-based organizations
- Adult and/or youth recreational sports teams or leagues
- Programs and/or projects that demonstrate minimal benefits to the customers served by our subsidiaries. This includes organizations whose primary audiences reside outside the areas we serve
- Advertising requests
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please click here to submit an application.