South Jersey Gas Announces 2017 First Responders Grant Program Winners
FOLSOM, N.J. – South Jersey Gas, a subsidiary of South Jersey Industries (NYSE: SJI), announced the winners of the utility’s annual First Responders Grant Program. This year, a total of eight grants totaling $21,500 were awarded to local first responder departments, representing police, fire and emergency medical services.
“South Jersey Gas is honored to provide financial assistance to each of these hardworking, dedicated departments,” said Dave Robbins, president of South Jersey Gas. “Each day, these first responders put their lives on the line to serve and protect residents. Their bravery is truly commendable – we are proud to partner with this year’s winners, and support their continued efforts to make our communities a better, safer place to live and work.”
The 2017 First Responders Grant Program recipients include:
- Atlantic City Police Foundation – to purchase rifle-resistant vests.
- Blackwood Fire Company – to purchase brackets needed to mount self-contained breathing apparatuses for firefighters.
- Collings Lakes Fire Department – to purchase new rescue equipment.
- Mannington Township Fire Company – to purchase equipment used by the ambulance crew to transport patients safely.
- Newfield Fire Company – to fund and support certified training courses for members of the department.
- Pine Hill Fire Department – to purchase a pressure reduction device used during incidents requiring foam operations.
- City of Pleasantville Fire Department – to purchase a combustible gas meter, calibration equipment and personal gas monitor.
- Port Norris Fire Company – to help offset costs of upgrading thermal imaging camera with newest technology.
Through the First Responders Grant Program, South Jersey Gas provides critical support to help operations, improve safety measures and/or provide training at local first responder departments. The applications received are diverse and the selection process highly competitive. The selected pool of 2017 grant awardees represent local police, fire or emergency medical services departments that are comprised of paid or volunteer staff members that serve residents in municipalities located within the utility’s service area.
The First Responders Grant Program will be offered again in Fall 2018. Program information, eligibility guidelines and applications are available on the South Jersey Gas website at: www.southjerseygas.com/community.