South Jersey Gas Introduces New Customer Billing Statement
FOLSOM, N.J., February 27, 2018 – Today, South Jersey Gas introduced a new billing statement, designed with customers in mind, that is clearer, simpler and easier to read. Starting this month, customers will notice significant improvements to the organization, design and content of the monthly statement. The change is part of a larger South Jersey Gas initiative to improve the overall customer experience.
“Improving the customer experience is one of the most important priorities of our business,” said Dave Robbins, President, South Jersey Gas. “The new billing statement is a testament to this commitment and one of many improvements we’ve already started to make.”
Prior to introducing the new customer billing statement, South Jersey Gas launched a new website, developed an automated installation tracker for new residential customers and increased payment options available to customers. Currently, the utility is working to make improvements to its Customer Contact Center, the appointment scheduling process and much more.
Key features of the new billing statement:
Customers can find answers to frequently asked questions, an informational video and a step-by-step guide on how to read the new billing statement at www.southjerseygas.com/billingstatement. To learn more about improvements to the South Jersey Gas customer experience, follow us at www.facebook.com/southjerseygas.
- Smarter Page Design – Organizes billing information using a cleaner, simpler layout and design for easy reading and navigation.
- Account Summary – Clearly presents essential account and contact information for easy reference.
- Billing Summary – Prominently displays billing activity, including payments received and total amount due.
- Detailed Calculations – Display current usage first then incorporate it into a calculation to arrive at final charges.
- Customized Messages – Deliver important, account-specific service information.
- Helpful Definitions – Provide details on key terminology.