Commitment to Supplier Diversity
SJI’s continued success depends on our ability to achieve business objectives. Our suppliers are integral to those objectives. SJI’s Supplier Diversity Program looks to expand relationships with women, minority, veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses that provide competitive prices and services to SJI. We believe that building a more diverse supplier base will help us to better serve our customers and remain competitive.
Supplier Diversity Development Council
SJI is a proud member of the BPU Supplier Diversity Council, which is dedicated to forging effective working relationships between minority, woman and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses and New Jersey public utilities. The SDDC was chartered in 1997 to advise the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and the companies they regulate on matters relating to reporting, measuring and assessing the development of relationships with diversity suppliers. For more information about the SDDC, please visit www.njbpusupplierdiversity.com.
About SJI's Diversity Program
SJI requires a third-party certification in order to participate in the Supplier Diversity Program from one of the following agencies:
- United States Small Business Administration
- State of New Jersey Agency Certification
- Third Party Certifying Agencies, such as:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- National Women Business Owners Corporation
- Supplier Clearinghouse
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises Participation Program
Some of the items we buy are:
- Office Equipment, Supplies and Services
- Fleet Procurement, Parts and Maintenance
- Computer Equipment, Software and Services
- Measuring and Pressure Equipment
- Pipeline and Service Construction
- Safety Equipment
- Training (Employee Development, Safety, Procedures)
- Legal Services
- Telecommunications Equipment and Services
For services, each supplier and contractor must provide us with a certificate of insurance that meets specifically required coverage and names SJI and its subsidiaries as an "Additional Insured."
To register as a diverse supplier please visit our Supplier Portal.
South Jersey Industries Terms and Conditions