About SJI's Diversity Program
Does My Business Qualify for the Program?
SJI requires a third party certification in order to participate in the Supplier Diversity Program from one of the following agencies:
- United States Small Business Administration
- State of New Jersey Agency Certification
- Third Party Certifying Agencies, such as:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- National Women Business Owners Corporation
- Supplier Clearinghouse
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises Participation Program
Which Products and Services does SJI Procure?
Some of the items we buy are:
- Office Equipment, Supplies and Services
- Fleet Procurement, Parts and Maintenance
- Computer Equipment, Software and Services
- Measuring and Pressure Equipment
- Pipeline and Service Construction
- Safety Equipment
- Training (Employee Development, Safety, Procedures)
- Legal Services
- Telecommunications Equipment and Services
For services, each supplier and contractor must provide us with a certificate of insurance that meets specifically required coverage and names SJI and its subsidiaries as an "Additional Insured."
How Do I Apply?
South Jersey Industries Terms and Conditions